Dear Lower School Parents,
Welcome back! We sure did miss you and your children, and we trust you had a relaxing and fun-filled break. For many, the New Year is a time for reflection and goal setting. We met as a faculty on Tuesday to do just that – reflect upon the first part of the year, dig into curriculum and set goals for the remainder of the year. We are excited about what is in store for your children, some of which is listed on the calendar below.
Speaking of excitement, we are already abuzz about the potential for winter weather this weekend. Please make sure you have signed up for alerts by clicking here so that you can receive the most up to date information about any changes to our school schedule.
Third grade students are continuing to rehearse for the production of The Noble Gnarble which will go live on Friday, January 20 at 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Don’t miss the fun!
As Lower School parents, you may not be aware of what happens in other divisions. This week and next, Upper School students are experiencing Winter Term. In addition to the 25 different course options, students will experience Explorations which provide opportunities to hear from distinguished alumni, the Director of the Institute for Political Leadership, the President and CEO of the United Way of Greater Greensboro, the founding dean for the School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering, the Touring Theater of North Carolina, the GDS Jazz Band and newscaster, Sandra Hughes. I don’t know about you, but I want to go back to high school!
- Wednesday, January 11 – Aarvy Aardvark visits with 3rd grade to talk about managing grief and loss
- Monday, January 16 – No School, Martin Luther King, Jr. observance
- Tuesday, January 17 – Late start for students
- Wednesday, January 18 – Mark Daniel, Magical Storyteller
- Wednesday, January 18 – Parent move up meeting for current Junior Kindergarten families (noon until 1 p.m.)
- Friday, January 20 – The Noble Gnarble at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Gillian S. Goodman, M.Ed., M.B.A.
Lower School Director