Board of Trustees
The Greensboro Day School Board of Trustees is responsible for supporting the School’s Mission: to develop the intellectual, ethical and interpersonal foundations students need to become constructive contributors to the world. In that role, the Board:
- hires and works closely with the Head of School to cultivate and maintain positive relations with the school community and the broader Greensboro community;
- recognizes that its work focuses on long-range, strategic planning, which includes setting annual goals that support the school’s overall strategic vision;
- ensures that the School operates in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations;
- reviews and maintains bylaws that are consistent with legal requirements;
- establishes policies and plans that are consistent with the Mission; and
- accepts accountability for the financial stability of the school.
The Board consists of no more that 29 members, and meets six times per year. Trustees serve on at least one of the Board’s committees, which currently include: Advancement, Audit, Buildings and Grounds, Committee on Trustees, Diversity, Executive Committee, Investment and Strategic Planning. The Board is self-perpetuating, which is typical of most independent schools. This means that Trustees choose their own successors. The Board is committed to selecting Trustees who bring diverse talent and background as well as offer a strong desire to serve the School.
Click here for the most recent Board news.