Even if you are not new to Greensboro Day School, our tradition of closing ceremonies can be a bit confusing. Listed below are the schedules, and a few clarifications:
- Tuesday, June 5 – All School Closing Ceremony and Yearbook Dedication – 11:45 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. or 12:15 p.m. This is attended by students, faculty and staff, and it takes place in the Dillard Gym.
- Tuesday, June 5 – Upper School Closing Ceremony – 1:30 p.m. until 3:30p.m. This is attended by students, faculty, staff and special guests. The ceremony takes place in the Sloan Theatre.
- Wednesday, June 6 – Grade 5 Breakfast and Special Ceremony – 8:15 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. This is attended by 5th grade students, teachers and parents, and it takes place in the Theatre and the Theatre Lobby. Some 4th grade parents help arrange the breakfast.
- Wednesday, June 6 – Lower School Closing Ceremony – 9:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. This is attended by students, faculty, staff and 5th grade parents. Dismissal will be at 11:00 a.m. with regular carpool. The ceremony takes place in the Sloan Theatre.
- Lower Schooler's do not come to school after June 6. HAPPY SUMMER!
Note: BCC will be available beginning at 11:00 on June 6, and will be open all day on Thursday, June 7, and Friday, June 8. Please let Kristin Kirkman-Hall (ext. 105) know if she should expect your child to attend any of those days.