CURRENT OPENINGS FACULTY AND STAFF:
When openings occur on our faculty and staff, Greensboro Day School is interested in speaking to anyone who brings the energy and qualifications to be part of our dynamic community. Complete information about job opportunities may be obtained by contacting Tommy Webb our Assistant Head of School at email@example.com.
FACULTY POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
No openings at this time.
STAFF POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
MIDDLE SCHOOL DIRECTOR
Greensboro Day School seeks a Middle School Division Director starting July 1, 2015. The Middle School program enrolls 240 students in the 5th through 8th grades. Our new building, which opened in the fall of 2014 and built to LEED Gold specifications, sets a new standard for middle school and programmatic design in the Greensboro community.
Greensboro Day School enrolls 875 students in a prekindergarten-12th grade setting on a 65-acre campus. Its mission is to “develop the intellectual, ethical and interpersonal foundations students need to become constructive contributors to the world.”
GDS uses Differentiated Instruction, Understanding by Design (UbD), and Design Thinking, along with Haiku as a student communication system and a one-to-one laptop program in grades 6-8. The school is currently developing the use of Critical Friends Groups (CFGs) to promote and sustain professional learning communities which explore pedagogical practices, the examination of student work, and the development of curriculum that enhances the learning of ethical practices.
GDS seeks an energetic and passionate Middle School Director who:
- Has substantial experience teaching and leading in a middle school setting in an independent school
- Holds an advanced degree in the field of education
- Understands the developmental stages and needs of 10- to 14-year-old children
- Highly values diversity in the selection of curriculum, the hiring of teachers and the admission of students
- Is comfortable and eager to engage in interactions with MS students in the classroom, at social events, and through extra-curricular activities
- Is able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats
- Is committed to outdoor experiential learning and modeling the habits of environmental stewardship
- Has experience in the following areas:
- Valuing and extending the work of a veteran faculty
- Blogging and social media
- The use of technology to support teaching and learning
- Promoting the school and division to parents and the greater community
- Curriculum Design and mapping
- Effective teacher evaluation and support
- Leading educational programs for MS parents
As one of three division directors, the Middle School leader reports to the Head of School and works closely with the other two division directors, the educational technology director and senior the leadership team.
The Middle School Director is responsible for:
- Ensuring relationships which support each students’ intellectual growth and ethical development, are created and sustained between the students and adults in the division
- Supervising the day-to-day operations of the Middle School
- Assisting in admissions and with prospective students and families
- Assisting in advancement and alumni efforts
- Leading the assessment and ongoing improvement of the division’s curriculum
- Coordinating the educational program, scheduling and other activities with the other division directors and the Head of School
- Promoting parent engagement in the Middle School
Greensboro Day School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, disability (to the extent that reasonable accommodations are possible), or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, or any other programs administered by the school.