Emergency Personnel: A certified athletic trainer (LAT-ATC) is on campus for practices and competitive events. University or College Athletic Training Student(s) should be present only when supervised by an LAT-ATC.
Emergency Communication: Cell phone communication via Head or Asst. Coach.
Emergency Equipment: First aid supplies (athletic trainers' kit, body substance isolation (BSI) bag, breathing devices, vacuum splints, and crutches). The medical kit is stored in the team room when not in use.
Roles of Emergency Care Team Members
1. Immediate care of the injured/ill student athlete: Follow appropriate first aid principles (See Injury/Illness Emergency Protocol sheet included with this Emergency Action Plan).
2. Emergency equipment retrieval: Appropriate to the emergency
3. Activation of emergency medical system (EMS) by 911. Provide them with the following information:
a. Identify yourself and your role in the emergency
b. Specify your location and telephone number (if calling by phone)
c. Give name(s) of injured/ill individual(s)
d. Condition of victim(s)
e. Time of the incident
f. Care being provided
g. Give specific directions to the scene of the emergency
h. Assist University Police with directing EMS to scene
i. Open appropriate gates
j. Designate individual to "flag down" EMS and direct to scene
k. Scene control: keep non-emergency medical team members away from the scene
Venue Directions: Wrestling practices are held in the Wrestling Room on the 2nd floor of Westminster Church, main hall. Competitive events are held in the Alumni Gymnasium. Approach campus via Lawndale Drive. Look for athletic personnel to guide you to the scene.
1. Wrestling Room - practice: 0.24 miles North of the Main GDS Athletic Complex. Turn left at the light off Lawndale Drive onto Lake Brandt Road and the entrance will be on you right. The building is located at the corner of Lake Brandt Road and Lawndale Drive. Currently the sign reads, "Westminster Church" with an address of 4747 Lake Brandt Road. Walk through the Main Lobby doors and go straight ahead through double doors into the Wrestling Room.
2. Wrestling Teams compete in Dillard or Alumni Gymnasium. Emergency access for activities in these gymnasiums is via the Arts/Athletics entrance off Lawndale Drive and is visible from the street. Approach campus via Lawndale Drive and turn on the front circle drive to the main entrance. Back up to the Main Lobby doors. Walk through the doors, up the steps, across the lobby, left through the wooden doors into the Dillard Gymnasium or right into Alumni Gymnasium.