Welcome!“When I heard my 4- year-old daughter explain to me how patterns and sequences (yes, she used the word sequences) work, I knew I had made the right decision to enroll her at Greensboro Day School.”
Lower School Parent
We appreciate your willingness to consider Greensboro Day School for your child. As the oldest independent school in the area, Greensboro Day School nurtures and cares for children, and provides a safe environment to help them discover and develop their unique talents and strengths.
GDS is more than 100% college placement at some of the finest universities in the country, more than access to unrivaled facilities, or being surrounded by a motivated community of learners... it is a way of living, a way of life, a way of thinking. We develop the intellectual, ethical, and interpersonal foundations students need to be constructive contributors to the world.
As a parent of a 6th grader myself, I am convinced the choice to enroll at GDS was the best educational decision I have made. In a caring, challenging and all faiths environment, I know my daughter is surrounded by people who want her to succeed.
From the critical years in Lower School (PK-4) to the social and emotional developmental years in the Middle School (5-8) and the college preparatory Upper School (9-12), GDS strives to support, develop and challenge each student.“Greensboro Day School is the best gift I could ever give my child. I know they are gaining an advantage because of what happens there every day.”
Middle School Parent
Why make the investment in a Greensboro Day School education? Where else...
“I really cannot believe I am a senior already and doing my senior project. I want to thank you for fostering my love of the arts and supporting me in everything I do. I would have not been able to make it to Northwestern University's theater department without you. You have been a fantastic director, teacher, and friend these past four years, and I cannot thank you enough!” Note to a Greensboro Day School theatre teacher from a graduating senior.
- can ALL (ages 4-18) students have access to a full service cafeteria? (Nowhere else.)
- can ALL students have access to a full-time nurse (no daily teaching responsibilities) each day? (Nowhere else.)
- does the school provide two full-time security guards? (Nowhere else.)
- can younger students have opportunities for tutoring and support older peers on the same campus? (Nowhere else.)
- can a school match Greensboro Day School’s commitment to technology? GDS was the first school in the area (1999) to start a 1-to-1 laptop program. (Nowhere else.)
- does the school provide a counselor (no full-time teaching responsibilities) in each division to work with students and parents on the variety of issues relating to education, adolescence and the daily issues that arise in a school setting? (Nowhere else.)
- can 12th graders participate in a 4-week senior project program where they explore their interests and possible college major? (Nowhere else.)
- do ALL students have access to a remarkable 600 seat arts center? (Nowhere else.)
A visit to campus is the best way to see our premier facilities, and meet our outstanding faculty and students. Please visit and see how we live out our motto of friendship, scholarship and sportsmanship every day.
Director of Admission and Enrollment
Meet our StaffWe look forward to working with you!
Director of Admission & Enrollment
336.288.8590, ext. 106
Associate Admission Director
Coordinator of Financial Aid
336.288.8590, ext. 208
Senior Admission Associate
336.288.8590, ext. 217
336.288-8590, ext. 212
336.288.8590, ext. 108
Admission Office Assistant
336.288.8590, ext. 203