- We believe in a community based on Respect, Kindness, Integrity, and Responsibility. These Community Cornerstones provide a set of shared values and a common set of expectations for everyone at GDS.
- We believe that learning should have a public purpose. Our students are involved in the community and are encouraged to connect classroom learning with real-world issues in Greensboro and beyond.
- We believe in the importance of a diverse community of belonging where every student is known, respected, and valued for their authentic self.
Greensboro Day School (GDS) is a private, coeducational school with approximately 885 students from age two to grade twelve.
We are located on a beautiful 65-acre campus in Greensboro, North Carolina. Since our founding in 1970, we have earned a reputation for academic excellence by offering the best, most well-rounded educational experience in the Triad region of North Carolina.
- We inspire young people to think critically, find their voice, and be the best version of themselves.
- We deliver a dynamic academic program in sync with the world that keeps students interested, active, and engaged. Academic challenge is matched with support from an expert and caring faculty, ensuring that every student is known as an individual.
- We offer a wide variety of extracurriculars, athletics, and arts opportunities so that students can pursue their passions and discover new ones, learn to work together, and build lasting friendships
- We have an ecosystem of teachers, nurses, security staff, counselors, coaches, advisors, and support staff who work to ensure that every child grows in self-confidence and reaches their full potential.
- We create teaching and learning experiences guided by an educational philosophy that utilizes evidence-based practices and cognitive research. Our vibrant learning community integrates the best of both progressive and traditional methodologies.
- We love children!
Our Mission: Greensboro Day School develops the intellectual, ethical, and interpersonal foundations students need to become constructive contributors to the world.
GDS is accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS).
Greensboro Day School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, disability (to the extent that reasonable accommodations are possible), sex, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, or any other programs administered by the school.
Greensboro Day School does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its programs, services or facilities, including admissions, enrollment, and access to educational programs offered by the School in accordance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.