Dedicated and expert teachers are the heart of our program at Greensboro Day School.
Greensboro Day School is a vibrant, diverse community of individuals who come together to support our students and each other.
- is a diverse community of belonging where every individual is known, respected, and valued for their authentic self.
- is based on building strong, supportive relationships among students, teachers, and families.
- shares a common set of values and expectations in the form of our Community Cornerstones of Respect, Kindness, Integrity, and Responsibility.
- provides regular opportunities for service and cooperation.
- takes time to have fun together!
At GDS, it’s not only their teachers but the entire faculty and staff who wrap their arms around your child and encourage and love them.
Kess Thongteum, Parent
An Ecosystem of Support
At GDS, students are supported by an entire ecosystem of individuals who work together to deliver an exceptional educational experience. Our ecosystem includes experienced teachers, two full-time nurses, four learning support coordinators, three counselors, two college counselors, two security officers, two on-site athletic trainers, after-school care and enrichment instructors, and—last but not least—an facilities team who ensures we have the most beautiful campus in the Triad.
Our Community Cornerstones are Respect, Kindness, Integrity, and Responsibility. These Cornerstones provide a set of shared values and a common set of expectations for everyone at GDS.
Traditions that Build Community
Bengal Games is a beloved GDS tradition that brings the whole school together for a day of fun, games, and community building.
The Learning Support Team provides students and families with comprehensive support services.
Three full-time licensed counselors support our students each and every day at GDS.
Our team of nursing professionals provides health care, first aid, and medical support during the school day.
Our two friendly security officers help ensure that everyone in the GDS community is safe and secure.
Our two certified athletic trainers have over 40 years of experience in the field of sports medicine.