Greensboro Day School has earned reaccreditation from the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS).
To earn accreditation from SAIS, Greensboro Day School complied with quality standards, was evaluated by an outside group of peer professionals, and implemented a school plan focused on strategic improvement and student performance in accordance with the school’s mission which is to develop the intellectual, ethical, and interpersonal foundations students need to become constructive contributors to the world.
A team representing SAIS conducted an on-site visit to review this school’s self-study and standards compliance and its adherence to its mission. The team was comprised of diverse educational leaders from some of the finest institutions in the southeast. The visiting team sought the answers to critical questions the school asked of itself.
Comments from the visiting team included:
- The visiting team learned immediately that Greensboro Day School is an uncommonly warm and welcoming school.
- It is particularly notable that each constituency spoke effusively of the school's strong community, culture of respect and openness, and access to multiple opportunities, from service to the arts to sports.
- Interactions felt genuine and unforced, and everyone with whom we met was pleasant and accommodating. "Strong relationships" was a recurring theme throughout the school; there was a palpable culture of trust and mutual respect among administrators, faculty, parents, and students.
- The visiting team found Greensboro Day School to be committed to both the excellent daily experience of their students as well as maintaining a long-range, strategic posture that will serve students for generations to come.
- We have every confidence that Greensboro Day School, with its keen focus on contemporary issues in education; can be a leader among schools in Greensboro and beyond.
SAIS accredited member schools are part of an international network of accredited schools that have demonstrated success in educating children. As such, SAIS accreditation is recognized throughout the world as a symbol of quality in education for students and teachers.
Thank you to the following faculty and staff members who were members of the re-accreditation team, led by Peter Williams.
Peter Williams, Estelle Bowden, Susan Davis, Susan Doss, Bridget Gwinnett, Lorie Jones, Robert Mimms, Kelly Sipe, Carol Williams, Jillian Williams, Karen Baldwin, Thomas Hefner, Laura Shue, Barbara Steslow, Michael Sumner, Randy Doss, Beth Dunbar, Iraida Fung, Emily Transou, Karen Collins, Jennifer Ford, Mara Montana, Dana Smith, Ayesha Swinton, Holly Hofbauer, Nathan Ross, and Stephanie Sutter-Shoaf.